Absolutely. The Fair Credit Reporting Act allows anyone to dispute inaccurate items on their credit reports. The FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) and the FDCPA (Fair Debts Collections Practices Act) were designed to protect your rights, and initiated to hold creditors and credit agencies legally responsible for all claims they make against you. Any inaccurate, incomplete, outdated or unverifiable accounts must be removed or corrected.

how much will you increase my credit score?

Many of our clients have seen an increase of 100 points or more*; however, the actual amount will vary per customer. There are many factors that affect a credit score besides derogatory items. For example, the ability to pay down revolving debt, the type of credit you have, your length of credit history, even the number of inquiries on your credit file. It is especially important that no current accounts fall into a negative status.

more q & a

How Long Does The Process Take?

Everyone’s credit situation is completely different, so how long it takes for you to achieve your expected results depends on the number of derogatory credit items on your reports, your participation in getting credit reports to us, your ability to pay overdue debt, and the level of credit bureau cooperation. We will do our part by performing a comprehensive evaluation of your credit reports and creating dispute letters based on the results, usually within 48 hours from the date we receive them. Most of the wait-time after is usually spent waiting for the credit bureaus or creditors to respond.

Can I Restore My Own Credit?

Yes, you can. You can also represent yourself in a court of law, and do your own oil changes on your vehicles. There’s nothing we do that you cannot do yourself when it comes to fixing your credit situation. Individuals can restore their credit on their own but this can take time and a lot of knowledge when it comes to the credit laws. We are a service company. We offer experienced, professional help at very affordable rates for your convenience and benefit.

How We Dispute Your Accounts?

When you notify the credit bureaus that something in your credit files isn’t correct, you have to indicate the nature of your dispute. In other words, you must indicate whether your dispute relates to the “ownership” of an account or if it involves the “account information” or “status” of an account. 

For example, if you find a certain account listed on your credit report that doesn’t belong to you, you would dispute the ownership of such an account for one of the following reasons:

-This account does not belong to me.

-I have no knowledge of this account.

-This is not my account; it belongs to a relative or another person with same/similar name.

If you would like the credit bureaus to correct the “Account Information” or “Status” of something in your credit reports, you would indicate one of the following reasons:

-My account balance is incorrect.

-I have never paid late.

-I have paid this account in full.

-Too old to be on file, please remove.

There may be slight differences in how these phrases can be worded bureaus word these phrases, but universally, these are the types of statements that are required by Equifax, Experian and TransUnion to begin an investigation on an account in your credit file.



Contact Us

1188 Sportsplex Dr. Ste 102

Kaysville, UT 84037